11.17.2013

birthday weekend comes to an end

i guess all good things have to come to an end... including my birthday weekend. it was nothing short of perfect though, thanks to family, especially my wonderful parents. i know i say that often on here but you really have no idea how lucky i know i am to have parents as great as mine. mom and dad, i love you to the moon and back. thanks for 21 amazing years.

i spent my actual birthday doing whatever i wanted to do! we had pumpkin pancakes for breakfast, mom and i went to target and did some damage, stopped by publix and then hung out at home for the rest of the day. i had a few visitors and then the family came over of the annual birthday fiesta! on the menu was tacos, tamales, pinto beans, rice, guacamole and salsa! all of my favorites! dessert was of course cupcakes from IveyCake, my absolute favorite. i had the most perfect 21st birthday even though i didn't do what most do on their 21st birthday. it was exactly what i wanted.

the drive back in the rain today wasn't very much fun but i am ready to crank this week out. hopefully, i will be headed home for thanksgiving a week from tomorrow (my classes got cancelled on tuesday and wednesday luckily) and i am already looking forward to being back home. this time of year always makes me miss my family even more than usual. i think that is one thing that i will never get over. looking at my planner, this week doesn't look to crazy and i am thankful for that. hopefully it stays that way but you never know! lastly, i want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes, every person made me feel special! it is so strange to actually be 21 since it is something you look forward to for most of your teen years. i do feel a little bit older but not much different besides that. i am certainly looking forward to what 21 has in store for me.

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment