11.14.2013

j. crew holiday style guide favorites & a throwback

i love getting holiday catalogs in the mail and of course, j. crew's is my favorite. as usual, its a work of art. just like with their last style guide, they debuted their holiday style guide on Pinterest. all the plaid, tartan, wool and cashmere is getting me so excited for the holiday dressing season! many items from this collection will be making their way onto my christmas wish list! here are a few of my favorites that hopefully i will be warm and cozy in this season! 





sleepshirt in bright cerise plaid flannel


plaid lodge moccasins


shirttail mini in sequins


crepe boatneck dress in modern red 
(a must for christmas eve!)


collection cashmere tunic, gold stripe mini skirt and the chevron checker snood


 boyshirt in deep ivy plaid, Collection trouser in royal duchesse and the Riviera earrings



jeweled starburst sweater, stretch perfect shirt and the Collection Café Capri in berry bouquet


boyshirt in rock salt plaid, stretchy toothpick jean and the colorblock wool baseball cap

(all images via Pinterest and jcrew.com)


today kicked off birthday weekend! i took some "personal absences" from two of my classes and headed home this morning after class. i got all my homework done before i left so i am really looking forward to a mostly school-free weekend. i was actually happy to see my cat and can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight (not to mention happy to see my parents too). caroline came by so we could exchange 21st birthday presents (so strange that we are 21) and megan also stopped by! for her birthday, i got caroline a kate spade idiom bracelet. even though they market it as a bridesmaid gift, i think it is perfect to give someone that has been my best friend for literally my whole life. i am so happy i got to see both caroline and megan while i was home! i am glad i have been able to keep in touch with them after high school.

tomorrow is busy busy full of birthday weekend celebrations! i am going to body pump, lunch at goodness gracious with mom and phillip, green hills and christmas village! needless to say mom and i will be on the go all day long! i promise tomorrow's post will come with a full day recap, an OOTD and a recipe that has become a favorite here at the Parsley house!

xoxo,
clp

p.s. since my birthday is just 2 days away, here is a special throwback thursday picture from my very first birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment