2.21.2014

friday fun

well mom and i just had the most perfect friday! i came home for a much-needed break from knoxville yesterday and i am so glad i did. there is nothing a weekend at home can't fix! it was also nice to come home to what seemed like a brand-new kitchen! while i have been at school, mom and dad got marble backsplash installed in our kitchen, which we have wanted to do since we moved in! i absolutely love how the herringbone pattern turned out and think it makes our kitchen look fabulous!



today mama and i adventured to nashville! i truly had a major cheat day. i even took a day off from working out, which i know my body needs. though it still freaks me out to not workout at all, i know that my body has to rest every once and a while. i know some of my readers will be happy to hear that i am at a much healthier weight than i was a year ago and i am happy about it! my clothes fit better and i just look better overall!

this morning we started nice and early and made our way to the loveless cafe! nothing beats loveless biscuits and peach preserves, so of course my meal contained both. it is definitely a nashville institution that everyone needs to visit and worth the calorie splurge!



no trip to nashville would be complete without a trip to iveycake to bring home some cupcakes for dessert tonight. she has added some new flavors that look to-die-for, but i couldn't resist my usual "i do" flavor. mom got the lemon blueberry and we picked out the salted caramel for daddy! i have had many good cupcakes in my day, but none as good as iveycake!


we couldn't not go to green hills while in nashville, and a stop in j. crew was inevitable. the green hills j. crew just feels like home to me! katie, my personal stylist (which as i have said before, everyone should take advantage of) picked out some fabulous outfits for me and we had the best visit! she always knows what i will like and has the best taste! (notice how similar our outfits are... not planned at all!) 


i am also all ready for my sorority's carnation ball at the end of april! i have my dress, clutch, got my shoes today and have a hair appointment booked! now for the hard part: finding a date who will put up with me and my ways for a night!

tomorrow, i am breakfasting with both grandmothers, my dad and uncle at one of our favorites, goodness gracious. we are so sad to see it leave downtown murfreesboro but will definitely have to go when it reopens at the readyville mill. dad and i are going to have a daddy-daughter day until mom gets off work (someone has to see those sick kids on the weekend!) and then i am planning on relaxing at home! i am missing my brother since he is redneck-ing it this weekend at the daytona race. luckily i know i will get to see him soon! it is just three weeks until i am back home for spring break!

my friday was fabulous and fun and i hope yours was too! not every day can be cheat day like today was so i am glad mine consisted of the loveless and iveycake! hope your friday was as good as mine and don't forget to give yourself a cheat day every once in a while too!

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment