2.15.2014

happy late valentine's day & OOTD

happy late valentine's day everyone! for the twenty-first year in a row, i spent the holiday single. yes, i did have a minor breakdown on the phone with my mom claiming that i was never going to find someone and that no boys liked me, but after that, my perspective changed. i realized that i really don't need a male counterpart to keep me happy. i am happy being the claire with red hair, party of one. right now, i can be my own person and i don't have to take into account someone else when planning to do something. i am free to do what i want. i don't depend on someone else for my happiness and i don't have someone depending on me for theirs. yes, one day i do want to have a fairy tale relationship but for right now, i'm okay just being single. i know i will eventually find someone who will appreciate me for me: for my OCD-ness, my anxiety about the smallest things, my love of cooking, baseball, exercising and fashion, my love for my family and friends. prince charming hasn't come around yet, but i know he's out there somewhere, just waiting with a horse and carriage.

i celebrated valentine's day GAL-entine's style and i wouldn't have had it any other way. who needs boys when you have a mom who sends valentine's gifts in the form of kate spade necklaces and julia's bakery cookies and grandmothers who send cards with checks? a nice knoxville-print lilly pulitzer murfree scarf to my self was also a better valentine than any boy could be (by the way, the new palm village is amazing). i also made two of my alpha chi sisters a big pot of chili and a skillet of cornbread to warm up with since it has been so cold and then we three went to see endless love along with every other couple in knoxville! the movie was okay, very not-real-life, but i wouldn't change my valentine's day plans if i could. i am lucky to have the love in my life that i have, whether it be family, sister or one-day boyfriend love, and that is all i need right now.

tonight brought another celebration. one of my best friends turned the big twenty-one thursday and we are celebrating it tonight. she too is a red head and she definitely puts the fire in fireball. tonight i wanted to wear something that i know i won't wear come march and warmer weather. this poncho/cape/i'm not sure what to call it was perfect. i got it about two years ago and still love it today. it is very much on trend (especially if you look at the street style from NYFW!) and wish i had worn it more often this winter!


j. crew top, j. crew navy pixie pants, ivanka trump booties,
j. crew jeweled earrings, michael kors watch 

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment