5.21.2015

life lately: big girl job in the real world

clearly, i have been a little MIA for a while. in the past two weeks, i have graduated, moved home to murfreesboro and started my new job in franklin. its been a bit of a whirlwind, but a completely wonderful whirlwind. i feel like an update is in order.

last wednesday, i started my job as executive assistant at logo chairs in franklin. for those who don't know, logo is leading manufacturer of everything the ultimate fan needs to show their team spirit: tents, cooler, blankets, bags, chairs and more. family, get ready for a very tennessee logo christmas! a new position to me and to the company, i have done anything from helping set up trade shows to planning events to everything in between. every day is a chance to learn and different. i love getting to see every aspect and part of the company and work right beneath the executives. everyone at logo has been incredibly nice and helpful, saying no question is a dumb question, and believe me, i feel like i have had a lot of dumb questions. though i don't love commuting from the boro, it is only for eight days in all and because i am so happy at logo, i can't say the drive is absolutely terrible. i learn so much every day, from operations to procurement to sales, and i can honestly say that i can't believe i was lucky to get this job. upon my arrival, they all said "welcome to the logo family" and that is exactly what it is, a family. the only word i can use to sum up my feeling about my new job is happy.


when i return from our trip, i will move to franklin into my very own apartment with me paying the rent, me paying the electricity and me paying the water bill. can you say real world coming in quick!? i am so excited though. it is another page of this new chapter in my book and it is dream come true. being minutes from downtown, work, an amazing farmers market and with nashville just down the road, i don't know how i ended up so lucky. all i have to say is that if you work hard towards your dream and be patient, everything will fall into place.

with that, i think its about time for me to turn in for the night. the commute life has me getting up before the sun to do a light workout (which has me worried about getting in a swimsuit next week!) and then get ready to work! i now understand why my parents were always tired after working all day and i have no idea how they had time to do the whole sports practices, homework and parent meetings thing after. i am going to have to figure out a new routine, but i know that is all part of growing up! i hope everyone has a fabulous long weekend!

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment