11.28.2014

thanksgiving 2014

thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, just like everyone else. but, i don't love it for the food. i love it for the preparation that goes into getting everything ready for everyone and most of all, i love it for what it reminds me to be thankful for: those who gather around our table. yesterday was filled with too much food (currently mourning my waistline) and much family and friends who are now family. 

i love to help cook for thanksgiving. this year, my contributions were dashing dish's clean eating pecan pie and a paleo cranberry sauce. those were me trying to be a bit healthier since i gorged on mashed potatoes and my mawsie's cornbread dressing. i thought both were delicious, and even though i don't usually eat leftovers, thanksgiving is when i make an exception!





yesterday's outfit was one i had been looking forward to wearing! i got the LEONA jess jacket for my birthday (after lusting after it all summer and fall) and knew it would be just perfect for thanksgiving! i paired it with a j. crew black silk top and black draped drawstring waist pants to be comfortable but still on-trend. for jewels, i added stella and dot's helena necklace and it was the perfect finishing piece, along with my vintage chanel button ring, LEONA arm candy and silver tory burch flats! 


LEONA jess jacket, j. crew silk top and drawstring pants, tory burch silver flats, stella & dot helena necklace, stella & dot double clutch


my stella & dot trunk show is still going strong! i have some pieces here with me and they are to-die-for. do your black friday shopping with me and stella & dot, in your PJs with a cup of coffee! you can shop online through december 18th (perfect for christmas presents!). RSVP and shop now!

have a happy holiday weekend and stay safe in those crazy black friday crowds! 

xoxo,
clp  

No comments:

Post a Comment