12.05.2014

good reads

i am lucky that i was given the "enjoy reading" trait in my family. i, like my brother, mom, grandmother and many other family members can't put down a good book. because i now have a kindle, and have for about a year, i find that i read more than i did before. i love the portability and slim design of the kindle, it fits easily in my purse and on the treadmill reading ledge. i also get some daily reads delivered to my inbox. right now, i just get two which is more than enough along with the other emails i receive (i'm on about every store's mailing list). keep reading for my most recent book review, my favorite online publication, and my two daily reads that come straight to my inbox!
  • three wishes by liane moriarty: i picked this novel out after i read moriarty's other novels (the husband's secret and big little lies). like her other books, this one did not disappoint. the book follows three triplets who when together, share laughter, thrills and chaos and apart each have their own trials and tribulations. from fork throwing to affairs, the reader follows the three sisters as they grow older and up and the life of a forever-together trio. the novel opens with a prologue that is explained in later chapters and keeps the pages turning. i quite enjoyed the books with its clever plot turns and believe that you will too!  
  • the skimm: the skimm is a daily email newsletter that gives you everything you need to start your day and be able to carry on an intelligent conversation about current events. i skim through it while sipping my morning coffee or walking to class and i feel relatively well informed 
  • she reads truth: she reads truth is one of the newest things coming to my inbox, and one that i look forward to. it is a daily devotional for women to read together and to grow in christ. right now, the 'plan" is the advent, which i especially enjoy. it is an easy way for me to read the scripture and bring christ more into my life wherever i am since i can just pull it up on my phone each day! 
  • matchbook magazine: matchbook is an online magazine i have been reading for a couple of years now and it is one of my faves! with the slogan "a field guide to a charmed life", it celebrates the "classics - shaken and stirred". from interviews to gift guides to fashion to decor and everything in-between, the magazine never ceases to inspire me to live the life i adore!  
i have been at home for the majority of this week since my first exam isn't until monday. tomorrow i am heading back to knoxville to study and finish up my second to last semester! i can't believe how fast it went by, but am looking forward to being home for the holidays! 

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment