10.10.2013

halloween throwback thursday & a recipe

happy fall y'all! i think fall has finally arrived here in tennessee! fall could possibly be my favorite season of the year (even though i say that every time the season changes). what is better than vests, corduroys, l.l. bean boots and scarves? with fall comes football, bonfires, and corn mazes as well as fall foods such as squash, apples and pumpkin. so, in the spirit of halloween and it being throwback thursday, i am sharing some halloween and fall pictures from years past. i find most of them to be quite funny and its obvious that being a witch was my go-to costume (maybe that should be telling me something?)! the "campbell court gang" always trick-or-treated together every year and there was always quite the assortment of costumes. halloween is one of my favorite memories from my childhood and i loved looking through these pictures!







on a different subject, my thursday was made today when this popped up on my phone:


its safe to say i almost had a heart attack. i was quite excited! i mean, everyone that follows Lilly Pulitzer on Twitter saw my tweet. my tweet! it may not be headlining news, but for me it made my day! one of those little things! and Lilly's reusable bags really do make grocery shopping even more fun (i love going to the store - gives me ideas for meals)! i get compliments on them almost every time i go to the store!

and to round off this post, i thought i would include a breakfast recipe! i had this this morning and it was so good! it could even be a healthy dessert!

breakfast banana pudding for one

"cookie layer"
1/3 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp better 'n' peanut butter
1/2 large banana, mashed
1 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk 
1 tsp vanilla

"pudding layer"
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 large banana, sliced

strawberries, blueberries, pecans, walnuts, cinnamon, honey, etc. for topping
  1. in a bowl or container with lid (i usually use a round Ziploc container with a screw-on lid), combine "cookie layer" ingredients and mix well until a "dough" is formed. spread evenly on bottom of container. 
  2. spread the "pudding" greek yogurt over the dough layer. then layer sliced bananas. 
  3. top with additional cinnamon and toppings of choice. 
  4. serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.  

enjoy!

xoxo,
clp


No comments:

Post a Comment