8.13.2014

life lately: august update, summer recap

well, i am closing in on the end of my summer. these past few weeks have been busy but i wouldn't want it any other way. my internship at LEONA ended and i can honestly say my time at LEONA and in nashville was the happiest i have been in a long time. the internship presented me with an amazing opportunity to have a hand-on experience with the business and operations side of a growing designer label. every day was different, sometimes i did a task just right, sometimes i was presented with a challenge, and sometimes i made a mistake. it was an experience i will be forever grateful for. the LEONA team taught me so much, about myself and the business. i truly feel like i have found where i am meant to be and what i am meant to do. hopefully it won't be the last time i am working at LEONA! i already miss 2309 12th South Avenue more than i thought i ever could!

as far as my summer bucket list went, i think i added more to it than crossed off. i did read most of the books on my list, though found more to put on my wish list. unfortunately, i didn't make it to any movies but that's what red box is for! there was no lake day this summer but i spent a few afternoons by our pool and a weekend in charleston which i would choose over the lake anyway. i made it the local farmer's market as often as i could, both the one on 12th South and the Murfreesboro market. i have more than eaten my share of fresh veggies and fruits, with no plan of stopping. knoxville apparently has a wonderful market at market square on saturday mornings that i am hoping to get to soon. i also ate at some new restaurants & dessert places this summer (the pharmacy, taqueria del sol, the flipside, epice, saint anejo, gray's on main, boca loca, jeni's, crankee's) and dined at my all-time favorites (the puffy muffin, the frothy monkey, mafioza's, fido, las paletas). i definitely added more restaurants to my nashville bucket list! the summer was everything i could ask for and more. rewind it and let me press play again!

i have spent the past several days in murfreesboro at home. though i didn't want to leave nashville, i have relaxed here at home. mom and i went shopping and i have been packing up my things getting ready for my last move to knoxville. it is so strange to think that just 3 years ago i was moving into humes with a random roommate and now i am moving into my own single-girl apartment as a senior, with my best friends just a look out the window away. so much has changed since then, for better or for worse, but i couldn't be happier with where i am at this exact moment.

i have started blogging for my sorority and couldn't be more excited about launching the alpha chi omega at UTK blog! we plan to use the blog as way for parents, alumni, family and friends to stay involved in all that is going on with the delta pi chapter. check out our first post, sign up to get posts in your inbox and stay tuned for a recruitment recap coming next week!

i am still hoping to build my blog followers so please continue liking and sharing! also follow me on instagram, twitter and pinterest (links on the right). your support means the world to me and i appreciate my readers taking time out of their busy days to read my ramblings. speaking of ramblings, that is what this post has come to. i'm off to read my textbook-sized september issue of instyle!

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment