8.19.2014

the new apartment

it was a long day, but the smoothest of all my move-ins! without the help of my daddy, brother and mom, it would just be me and a coffee maker up here in my new apartment! with them, we got everything unloaded and unpacked... which was quite a job (i'm not the best at deciding what i do and don't need when it comes to packing). we made the annual target trip, with phillip along as our comic relief. the finishing touches are still being put on, to the complex and to my apartment, but i am in love with my new place to live. it is going to be just perfect for me my senior year. there are still a few pictures to be hung and pieces of furniture to be added, but here is a peek into my new apartment!






it was also the least emotional of my move-ins. freshman year was a waterfall of tears that turned into a steady stream for months afterwards. sophomore year was similar and junior year was a little better. this year though, i teared up, but just because i am really going to miss my parents and brother (even if he does drive me crazy sometimes). i will always miss my home and my family, but know that this is where i need to be right now.

today though, i am missing something at home i love the most. it is my mom's birthday and i hate that i can't be home to make her day absolutely perfect! i am sending lots of love and birthday wishes from knoxville to her and hope she has a fabulous birthday! recruitment is winding down here at UT with bid night approaching tomorrow and school is gearing up as classes start tomorrow. i think life is about to get very busy!

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment