9.14.2013

recent acquisitions

usually when i am in knoxville i am pretty good about controlling my spending due to the lack of good shopping. however, this weekend i guess i was in need of some retail therapy because i went shopping and definitely did some damage to my bank account. nonetheless, i got some great pieces for fall and winter, along with some things i found on sale that will still be in style come spring. 



i can't wait to wear these with flats and warm sweaters and scarves! they will be perfect for chilly winter days! (and they are winter white, not white-white so they are acceptable to wear) 


i found this little gem on sale yesterday! i love little popovers and this was the last one the store had so i jumped on it! it will be perfect for the cruise mom and i are going on for spring break and goes great with both shorts and pants. 



these may be my new obsession. they are possibly the most comfortable pants ever. they don't feel like you are wearing corduroy but they still have the warmth. the print is fantastic - reminds me of something tory burch would do. 



these were my on-a-whim purchase. i had ordered them in the summer in a nude patent but they were too big and nowhere had any smaller sizes so i had to return them. then they came out with the fall/winter version and i was in love. suede + emerald + a bow. what more could you ask for? they look very valentino at a fraction of the price! 


these are cute, quirky canvas tote bags that play off of designer bags. known as My Other Bag, they have a designer handbag on one side and on the other side say "my other bag" as in "my other bag is a birkin/louis vuitton/goyard..." i got the goyard one and i just think it is so fun! perfect for me since i have "goyard taste" but right now am on a "canvas tote budget."



this is one of my "steal" purchases! as you all know, i love leopard and have looked at many a leopard watches. the other day i was perusing target's website and came across this little number and knew i couldn't beat the price. it is waiting on me in murfreesboro and i can hardly wait to wear it! 


though my bank account is hurting, i can't wait to sport my newest purchases! i feel like they are all great for this season's trends. i am now putting myself on a strict budget (we'll see how long that lasts). another thing that is hurting right now is UT after the stomping Oregon gave them today. i wasn't expecting a win and i am happy we at least put some points on the board. this weekend i am taking it easy (as i always do on the weekends) and getting caught up with school and ready for a busy week next week. i feel like i add something to my planner every other minute. after my shopping excursion today i did make some dark chocolate chip zucchini banana bread and judging by the huge piece i just ate, it turned out delicious! the only thing i did different was use 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips instead of 1/2 cup. it was a great way to make a healthier treat and use some end of summer zucchini. tomorrow will be spent preparing even more for the week ahead (for some reason its taking a lot of effort) and studying! 

xoxo, 
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment