4.12.2014

gingham and OOTD

i made it through my busy friday! it actually was not that bad of a day! the weather was gorgeous so it was nice to be outside at the track meet and get some sun while rocking my polo and skort diamond girl uniform! relay for life was successful as well! as a chapter we raised over $5,000 for the American Cancer Society! it also made our efforts so much more worthwhile seeing the survivors take the first lap around circle park. i also really enjoyed spending time with my alpha chi sisters!

yesterday i did have some downtime and took a few minutes to peruse the latest handbag offerings from one of my favorite designers, tory burch. her spring/summer collection is to die for as a whole, but i am especially in love with some of her latest handbags! a common theme on the runways for spring/summer was gingham and tory burch successfully incorporated it into her collection. i always love tory burch's purses because they are on-trend but still classic, can be carried multiple ways, to multiple events and are priced well for designer bags. below are my favorite gingham pieces from the collection, along with one timeless, blush colored purse that is perfect for any season and any event!











and keeping with the theme of this post, even my OOTD had gingham! today was the orange and white game so of course the orange and white was out with abundance on campus! i picked up this cardigan last spring at kate spade and i swear it was made with Tennessee in mind. it is perfect for tennessee football and i am finally getting to wear it since the weather was too hot during football season for it! 


kate spade cardigan, j. crew colored jeans, jack rogers sandals, kate spade bracelet and clutch, tory burch sunglasses 

also, my nails are currently painted essie's "spin the bottle" which is a great color for spring. i love having my nails painted but can't always afford to get a manicure. my problem is that they always chip too soon and then i end up chipping them all off myself (a bad habit of mine). however, when i get gel top coat and base coat, they are much more durable! the other day i wanted my nails done but being broke, couldn't afford to get a gel manicure. instead, i decided to do my own nails since i am not half-bad at it and they turned out pretty good! i also found this clear polish the other day from revlon and my nails are still chip-free four days after i painted them myself which is a miracle! i highly recommend it! 


well i am quite tired after a long day out in the sun! be on the lookout for another new OOTD tomorrow!

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment