5.04.2014

wedding shower OOTD

well, less than 24 hours left of my junior year. really, where did it go? again, i feel like so much has changed once again this year. i have really tried to work on myself, especially since january. i believe that i have improved on some aspects but still struggle with some, and am still working to better myself. it feels great when people notice how i have changed as well and tell me as many have recently, so i use that as a benchmark as well. i can only hope that i continue to improve in my eyes and the eyes of others as i end my junior year and begin the last year of my college career!

last night i celebrated my sweet sister's upcoming wedding! it was such a great way to end my junior year. in addition to some yummy snacks (the meatballs - oh my goodness!) and delicious cake, sisterhood was all around as we watched courtney open her gifts... without breaking any bows! if you were like me and unaware of the breaking bows tradition, i will give you a short and sweet summary of it... the bride tries not to break any of the bows on her shower gifts - the number of bows she does break predicts the number of children she will have! the maid of honor, or any other bridesmaids, save all the ribbons and bows from the bride's various showers and then makes them into a bouquet for the bride to carry at the rehearsal dinner! it is a new southern tradition and one that i will definitely take part in when the time comes! the wedding shower really made me realize how much i am going to miss my best friends and sisters. some i won't see until july or some august, but hopefully i will be able to see some of their beautiful faces before then!

i chose to pull an oldie-but-a-goodie out of my closet for the shower! it is a few seasons old, but still in style, a benefit of tory burch and her classic silhouettes and designs! though her dresses are investments, they are timeless and can be worn season after season!


tory burch dress, dolce vita cage heels

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment