5.03.2014

weekend wants & an appetizer recipe

with studying comes online shopping... right?! not sure how they relate to each other but somehow during finals week, i always end up shopping online and finding things i absolutely have to have. maybe its all the studying that does it to me? so, without further ado, here are some recent finds from my favorite brands that are making my weekend want list! 

















tonight i am attending my first wedding shower as an actual friend of the bride - not a relative or someone i know through my parents. it is really strange but exciting to see a friend getting ready to be married and start a new chapter of her life! i contributed to the shower munchies with a favorite appetizer of mine courtesy of my lovely aunt! it is perfect for any occasion and i always rave about it when she makes it!

pecan-rolled cheeseball

2 8 oz. blocks cream cheese (i used greek yogurt cream cheese)
1 tbsp minced garlic
seasonings of choice - i used an herbs de provence blend 
chopped pecans, for rolling the cheese ball in
  1. allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature
  2. once softened, mix all cream cheese, garlic and seasonings of choice together and form into ball.
  3. roll cheeseball in crushed pecans until fully covered. chill.
  4. serve with crackers, pretzels, or chopped veggies.
i only have two days left here in knoxville for the semester... i am amazed at how fast this year has gone by. i feel like i have stepped out of my comfort zone a bit and am trying to do it more often. i have had to make grown-up decisions and do things that come with growing up. i have grown closer to and found my best friends both here at school and back at home, people i know i will be able to depend on for many. many years. seeing the seniors i have become better friends with graduate is bittersweet, as i know that will be me in just one short year. these last two days will consist of studying for my last two finals (hooray!), packing up the rest of my things, and making sure i see every last person one more time! i want to leave you with a quote that really stuck in my head after i read it. it is nothing special really, but it made me think of the things i have that i am glad i wake up for each morning, even if they do require work to maintain. 

"stay close to anything that makes you glad you woke up each morning"

have a wonderful first weekend of may and enjoy the spring weather! 

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment