6.15.2014

weekend at home

i know, two posts in one day but i wanted to share what a perfect weekend at home i had! i got everything crossed off my list that i wanted to do, including spend some time by the pool! i love going home to see my mama and daddy and brother (and even the cat and dog)! i may be old-fashioned and an old soul at heart, but my weekends spent at home in the comfort of my family are the ones i love most! read on to see why this weekend was just fabulous!

  • movie review: maleficent: what an excellent movie! the critics may have said it wasn't that great, but i, my mom, grandmother and even brother all thought it was great. not only are the special effects and cinematography amazing, angelina jolie plays her role amazingly well. i wasn't totally sure what the movie was really about but it exceeded my expectations!
  • book review: where'd you go bernadette by maria semple: this book has been on my to-read list for quite some time and it did not disappoint! i actually read it in less than a week so that shows how good it was! the book was a great, light-hearted and funny read that follows a mother and daughter through different forms of correspondence as they narrate the absurd world they live in.
  • i also got to do a little bit of DIY this weekend! i have always loved this antique telephone table that was my great-grandmother's, and this weekend i decided i wanted to clean it up and put some new (lilly pulitzer) fabric on it! i think it really looks good!

i can hardly believe that the month of june is halfway over! the fact that it has flown by so fast makes me sad! however, i do still have much of the summer to look forward to! this week is going to be a normal one, spending my days at LEONA which i enjoy so much. i am going to dinner one night with a family friend and i believe i may even get to see my parents again this coming weekend if they come visit me in nashville! have a wonderful week everyone and soak up some sun! 

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment