8.02.2013

fabulous friday: cooking, shopping and workouts

what a fabulous friday i have had... between working out, cooking and shopping, today was particularly enjoyable! since i had such a lovely day, i thought i would share with you what made it such a fantastic friday...

my morning started out with one of my favorite pre-workout breakfasts: homemade peanut butter granola (recipe below), strawberry kefir, fresh sliced strawberries and a sliced banana. beyond being delicious, it provides me with enough energy to power through my workout.

peanut butter granola

1/2 cup homemade peanut butter (to make homemade peanut butter, simply toss unsalted, roasted peanuts in a blender and turn on high until a butter forms) or peanut/nut butter of choice
1/4 cup honey
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. put the honey and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds, or until peanut butter and honey can be whisked together until smooth
  3. mix in vanilla and oats
  4. stir mixture until oats are evenly coated. transfer onto parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread evenly
  5. bake for 8 minutes
  6. let cool completely, then crumble up large pieces and store in an airtight container for up to one week
(modified slightly from something swanky)


this morning's workout was my usual friday MAC workout: body pump and spin. these are my favorite two group classes and i love the trainer so i am really going to miss it when i go back to school. as elle woods said "exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy..." it's definitely safe to say that i have plenty of endorphins to go around after my friday workout. 

i also ventured to green hills today to brave tax-free weekend. surprisingly, the mall at green hills was not terribly crowded and i got to shop at leisure and go in my favorite stores! a trip to green hills would not be complete without a visit to j. crew (is it a problem that they recognize me when i come in?) and to see my personal stylist there, katie. i could go on for days about j. crew, so i will just leave that for another post another day. a trip to whole foods at hill center ended my trip to nashville and you could say i was in heaven. i could walk the aisles of whole foods forever! 

i had a surprise waiting on me when i came home from nashville today! we had an old chair that i repainted and got reupholstered this summer and it was finally ready today! it turned out even better than imagined and i can't wait to see it in my room in my apartment! 

from horribly drab...


... to totally fab! 


i will share more apartment pictures later on once i get all moved in and settled! 

supper tonight was tasty if i do say so myself. we had grilled thai curry chicken served over spaghetti squash with peas, carrots and edamame, garnished with green onions and chopped peanuts and my homemade thai peanut sauce. i also grabbed some sushi today at whole foods we had on the side. for dessert, i broiled fresh georgia peaches from the peach truck sprinkled with cinnamon and topped with atlanta fresh apricot honey reisling greek yogurt cream cheese! a healthy dinner with a healthy dessert was the perfect end to my perfect friday! 

more tomorrow!

xoxo,
clp 


No comments:

Post a Comment