8.06.2013

just another tuesday and a recipe

today was absolutely perfect! of course, it began with my morning MAC trip which consisted of 45 minutes of cardio (stairclimber, elliptical and treadmill) and ab work.

after workouts, i then met my grandmother and cousins at Goodness Gracious Cafe, which may just be the best restaurant in murfreesboro! they serve breakfast, brunch and lunch and the mushroom burger i can't seem to stray from is to die for. i didn't see one thing come out of the kitchen that didn't look delicious. i always love having lunch with my mawsie (my grandmother on my mom's side) and my cousins.


OOTD
louis vuitton bandeau worn as headscarf, tory burch logo earrings, j. crew dress, tory burch sandals

mawsie, erin and i also went to target for a quick trip but ended up being there for over 2 hours. we had so much fun picking out clothes for my younger cousins and for ourselves! i had to practice some self-constraint but ended up getting some workout wear! everything target has, from clothes to home decor, is adorable and i know i'll be back at target soon enough! 

i came home to a surprise again today (i love my surprises). my grandmother on my dad's side had dropped off the tomato relish and pepper relish she makes (with my dad's help on the pepper relish)! her relish compares to none and i am so lucky she shared it with us!  


colorful tomato and pepper relish from grandmommy

and last but not least, a recipe for y'all! we had these last night served over cornbread made in the waffle iron (so good!) with a side of Central Texas Slaw and watermelon! i first had these beans at one of my best friend's birthday suppers and had to ask for the recipe! it comes from a friend that we consider part of the family, talented-portrait artist, Mary Miller Veazie. it is a true southern summer dish that can be served as an entree or a side and is perfect for a potluck or bbq! so without further ado, i bring you Mrs. Veazie's Cowboy Baked Beans!

Cowboy Baked Beans

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1/2 lb reduced-sodium bacon
1/2 C chopped onion
53 oz can of baked beans
15 oz can of lima beans
15 oz can black eyed peas
1/3 C ketchup
1/2 C brown sugar*
2 TBS vinegar
1 TBS dry mustard
Pepper to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Brown ground beef & sauté onions. 
  3. Cook bacon until crispy and crumble.
  4. Dump all ingredients together in large, deep casserole dish and stir together. 
  5. Bake covered for at least 45 minutes or until hot throughout.  
*I used 1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment