8.15.2013

throwback thursday: then and now

i start my junior year of college on wednesday. it seems like just yesterday I was moving into my little dorm room in humes freshman year. a lot has changed in the two years since i came to big orange country. changed for the better. here i am the day i left for knoxville to begin my college years (unfortunately my cat, sapphire, could not join):


so what all is different? my appearance for starters. the second semester of my freshman year i got on the health train and have been riding it ever since. some may say i have even been the conductor. over the twelve months of 2013, i lost a total of 50 pounds and have kept that weight off in the months since then. i lost all my weight the healthy way: eating right and exercising. i don't believe in crash diets or cleanses and i don't recommend them. i truly believe that "abs are made in the kitchen" and i have changed my diet completely. in the past, i wouldn't touch vegetables and apples were the only fruit i would eat. i thought cheese dip was a food group. now, my fridge and pantry is filled with all kinds of fruits and vegetables, lean meats and other high protein, high fiber foods. what you eat really does matter. exercising is just as important as eating healthy and i regularly left weights and do cardio. i even run now, which if you knew me two years ago you would never guess. just last week i completed my third 5K. here i am a month before the beginning of my junior year:


my appearance and health habits aren't the only thing that has changed about me. i know that i am more serious (which isn't always a good thing) and much more organized (my lilly planner is my life). i hold my family very close to my heart. my mom is my very best friend and i am my dad made over (which is why we disagree sometimes). not only is my family close to me, but my friends are very important to me. i have found a core group of girls in my sorority, alpha chi omega, that i know i could depend on for anything. without alpha chi omega, i would not be the person that i am today. it has change me for the better. i also have maintained relationships with certain people from high school that mean the world to me. 

my interests have altered too in the past two years. i still love fashion but i think my style has changed some. it is more mature, but always with a signature pop of color of statement piece. i am not afraid to try new styles as i was in high school. i changed my major as well last year. i started school with the intention of being an interior designer, but after being accepted into the program, i decided that it was not what i wanted to do for the rest of my life. i am now a supply chain management major with a minor in retail. i could not be more excited about the next two years here and then future job prospects (hopefully in fashion or based in nashville). 

i am happy with how my life has changed over the past two years. college was definitely a major adjustment for me but i feel like these next two years are going to be the best yet. this coming year i turn twenty-one (which isn't that big of a deal to me but still) and that is considered a milestone in a lot of people's lives. i don't regret the past and i'm excited to see what the the future holds. i am still the claire with red hair that i was when I began college, just a better, healthier, happier version.

xoxo,
clp


No comments:

Post a Comment