8.28.2013

wednesday night supper

mondays and wednesdays are my long days at school so i try to make something that is relatively easy for dinner and doesn't take a ton of prep time. i have a feeling that on mondays and wednesdays this semester, my crockpot will be my best friend. tonight for dinner, i made crockpot salsa chicken tacos. this is one of my favorite meals and i have made it a variety of ways. i change up the salsa or add different spices and veggies depending on what mood i am in. this recipe is nice and easy because you just dump everything into the crockpot, turn it on warm and when you get home, dinner is ready!

crockpot salsa chicken tacos

1.5 lbs raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts 
1 (16 oz) jar salsa of choice
cumin, garlic powder, etc. to taste
jalepenos, onion, cilantro, etc. to taste
tortillas, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese for serving 

  1. Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. When ready to serve, drain excess liquid and shred chicken. add more salsa if desired.
  2. Serve with hard or soft taco shells and dressings of choice. 
  3. Serves 4-6. 
i have made this with whole foods's peach mango salsa and it might be my favorite variation. i also added in cut up peaches to the crockpot to add more flavor. i am anxious to try the recipe with pineapple salsa, which i think i may do next time i make these! tonight, i just used regular salsa. i am making some guacamole and a version of Shape Magazine's creamless cilantro corn.

i have my first overnight visitor tonight at my apartment! my brother is working in the area so he is sleeping on our couch! i was already looking forward to seeing him this weekend for the football game, but this is such a nice surprise! i always love spending time with my big brother and his surprise visit was a great way to top off my wednesday.

xoxo,
clp 

No comments:

Post a Comment