1.04.2014

last saturday of break & a recipe

well the time has come. tomorrow i am heading back to foxy-knoxy. the weather is driving me back a day earlier than planned but i am putting my big girl panties on and dealing with it. while speed packing everything up today, i seriously hated my decision to bring the majority of my clothes home. unpacking is going to be a blast tomorrow that's for sure!

i haven't posted lately because of my mom and my newest addiction: Scandal. we are two seasons late jumping on the Scandal train but we are well on our way to getting caught up. we even gave up a trip to nashville just so we could stay home and watch it... can you say addicted much?! there are so many plot twists that each episode leaves us wanting to watch another! but really, if you haven't watched it before, seasons 1 and 2 are on netflix and i highly recommend it! and as a bonus, kerry washington's clothes are perfect and the dream working-girl wardrobe!


i have also been working on one of my new year's resolutions: to read more! i got a kindle for christmas and i absolutely love it! i really do think i am reading more because of my kindle! last week, i finished The Fault in Our Stars and while it was an excellently written story, i did not love it as much as it seems the rest of country does. still, it was a good read! i just started Beautiful Ruins the other night and am not very far into so it is a little slow right now!

tonight we are celebrating my dad's upcoming birthday a few days early since i will be back at school on his actual birthday. we are being quite gourmet in my opinion and are having lobster and steak, quinoa and kale stuffed portobello mushrooms and roasted brussel sprouts. my mama has made me a brussel sprouts lover over break and i am not complaining! our favorite way to cook them is shared below!

roasted brussel sprouts with goat cheese and cranberries

1 bag brussel sprouts, fresh or frozen
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
balsamic vinegar
garlic powder
pepper
goat cheese 
  1. preheat oven to 350. spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. combine brussel sprouts and cranberries in casserole dish. pour desired amount of balsamic vinegar over (but don't drown them!). sprinkle garlic powder and pepper over brussel sprouts and cranberries to taste. stir to coat evenly. 
  3. roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes. to serve, sprinkle with goat cheese. 
these are delicious and healthy! tonight i am not including the cranberries but other than that i am fixing them as listed above. we are making a light apple pie for dessert since it isn't dad's actual birthday! 

i have had the best absolute christmas break i could hope for. though i didn't do everything that was on my winter break bucket list, i don't think this break could have been more perfect. classes start wednesday and it is so strange that i will be starting the second semester of my junior year. i am excited to start classes that dive further into my major and can't wait to see all my friends! we also have a new roomie at my apartment whom i can't wait to start living with! with that being said, i have gone too long without watching Scandal so netflix is calling my name! 

xoxo,
clp

No comments:

Post a Comment